Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spicy Lemon Pork Chops

Pork, lemon, paprika, pork chops, bacon, thyme, cayenne pepper

Let me start out by saying I'm not generally a huge fan of pork chops, they tend to be dry,  not a good chewy and not very flavorful. Bacon on the other hand, now bacon is what brought me back to the dark side. I was a vegetarian for about 3 years and slowly started eating meat again once I started feeling tired all the time and my doctor started worrying about my iron levels (I was never very good about taking supplements). But really it was bacon.

Back to pork chops. This was a SUPER simple, another one pan meal and most people will have the ingredients (except pork chops) in their cupboards. The best part is the lemon juice and spices kind of caramelize on the pork chop and just concentrate the flavor. Yum.

Spicy Lemon Pork Chops 
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Lemon-Pork-Saute/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=77828940&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2012-02-22&prop28=DailyRecipe&prop29=FullRecipe&me=1

Ingredients: 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil  
  • 2 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick 
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 5 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/2 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops about 5 minutes per side.
  2. Mix lemon juice, garlic, paprika, thyme, and cayenne pepper into the skillet. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes, cooking the chops to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). 
  3. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment