Last summer not only did my best friend in the entire world Jillian (celebrating 10 years this fall! Yes we're celebrating a decade of friendship with a girls trip...we rock) get married but so did my dear friends Brandon and Courtney, Brandon just so happens to also be Michael's cousin. I was super honored to be not only Jillian's MOH but in Courtney's bridal party as well. I count myself as one lucky girl!
Oh, and not to mention their weddings were five days apart. 5, F-I-V-E, cinco. Crazyness. But it was one hell of a summer!
So wanting to be the best MOH (and bridesmaid) possible I scoured wedding websites and blogs to find and compile the perfect MOH Emergency Kit that has everything you'd need for any wedding related emergency. At both weddings I brought it early to the reception area and put it under the table at my seat. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you are walking around taking pictures to bring a mini version of the kit with you that has Band-Aids, water and snacks, safety pins, bobby pins and hair spray. You ladies need to be picture perfect!
Maid of Honor Emergency Kit
- Band-Aids (both regular and blister size)
- Gauze and tape
- Neosporin/Anti-Bacterial cream
- Baby powder
- Wet wipes
- Cough drops/throat lozenges (I love the Ricola Honey/Mint ones)
- Pepto Bismol (actually works decently for a hang over from the rehearsal dinner the night before!)
- Ibproufin/Asprin (if you have different types of pain re-leavers on hand, bring all, some don't work for some people)
- Eye drops
- Gum/breath mints
- Nail polish remover
- Nail polish (various colors and clear top coat : clear coat also works for stopping a run in a nylon)
- Nail files
- Nail clippers
- Cotton balls/pads
- Bleach/Shout pen
- Clear packing tape (to get dirt off dresses, stick it on and it lifts right off versus rubbing it into the dress by trying to wipe it off)
- Lint remover/roller
- Scotch tape
- Tissues (bring some down the aisle with you, stick in your hand holding your bouquet)
- Pretty pen (for signing the marriage license!)
- Sun screen
- Extra toothbrush/toothpaste
- Feminine products
- Hair spray
- Anti frizz/hair serum
- Bobby Pins
- Hair ties
- Flip flops (a few pairs: for yourself and the bride or bridesmaids that can't handle their heels anymore)
- Dress tape/double sided tape
- Mini sewing kit, including scissors, safety pins (MUST HAVE), regular pins (just in case a boutineer pin breaks) and the basic colors of string.
- Playing cards (just in case there are ever any super dull moments in the waiting, or if kids are at the wedding and need something to do)
- Bride's make up (if she won't have the chance to go back to her room etc for touch ups)
- Water and or alcohol :-)
- Snack items
- Straws (so you don't mess up lipstick!)
- Super glue
- Iron (if wedding isn't at a hotel location)
I literally walked through my house and grabbed anything I could think of that would be useful in an emergency situation. Of course I didn't end up using most of these things (thankfully!) but I just know that if I hadn't packed everything I would have needed something!
Anything you would add to this list? Any wedding disasters you've survived?